pixel Reindeers

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
The dash was simply made from discarded old guages a piece of scrap stainless cut to shape and made holes for guages then piece of rubber hose carefully cut a slit along the length with razor blade to go over sheet metal . I then used whats called in the mechanics trade a cookie it is like a scotchbrite or scourer type material used on a drill or die grinder little round pad too clean gasket surfaces . So then yes put my cookie in the drill press and made the pattern on stainless (love doing that on all metals looks cool ) then wired up leds for back lights guages arent quite matching but don't think will matter at night ! And may find others as time goes by. Number plate and frame been contemplating for little while now wanted it too be little fancy originally was going to do scrolls but couldnt be bothered at the time so found a couple of bits of seat springs and cut and welded to number plate frame welded little hat piece to house led for illumination of number plate sprayed gold done for this year ! 20171030_202339-1.jpg20171101_110658-1.jpg

the grinch

I love the little extras. I have the sleigh in the workshop at the moment ready to make some mods before it goes out this xmas, and you have given me some ideas. Thanks.

No problem mate hopefully haven't created too much work for you ! these little xtras have been my plan for years now and finally doing some I don't want it too be over pixellized so it will just do that ! The other plans wont be this year though is to do a tuck and roll interior seat and side trims in dark maroon marine vinyl and 2 bullet type taillights but size is importance ! And small headlights but basically on parkers but will see!

videoman3857

Full time elf
My sleigh is still on tracing paper and wont get done until next year
Love the touches to the sleigh. The dash looks fantastic and there's no reason why Rudolph and the other reindeer cant have a couple of power boosters to help them along the way.
Well Done.
Absolutely love the frame to make the reindeer look like they're taking off.

Ralphyf1

Full time elf
Hi Grinch, I like the idea of the red ball-might do that for next year I just put lots of extra pixels on his nose and then did a custom xlights model. - but I like the ball better!

the grinch

Hi Grinch, I like the idea of the red ball-might do that for next year I just put lots of extra pixels on his nose and then did a custom xlights model. - but I like the ball better!

Yes im happy with it good thing its so simple cheap and effective
$2 pack of ping pong balls or find 1 somewhere
$3 approx Red led and suitable resistor for brightness
And hardwired into a power injection point as said Rudolph nose always needs to be red
I was originally going to place in nose or skull cavity but dont look right !
So upfront and centre was the best !
So for 5bucks or under I recommend doing already have had many comments during tests

Ralphyf1

Full time elf
Hmmm, maybe I could just put a semi translucent ball around the nose on my Rudolf . Now to find one !!! Did I read some where that you start your show in Nov. If so can Bev and I come out one night and have a look ( I want to start 1st Dec and so its hard to get out at night after that!) cheers
Ralph

the grinch

Of course absolutely certainly ! But be aware our , or should say teresa's display is little different from others ! But yes everyone is welcome and be great to see you guys.please do ! 24 edmonds road angle vale 5117 is our address I reckon normally would be a concern putting info as such up but its already out there !
Hope too see you soon
Regards jason and teresa