Pixel wiring direction on a prop

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I've just wired up a 1200 pixel seed pixel prop and when I went to fit the pigtails I realised that I had inserted the full 1200 pixels in the reverse order. I didn't think too much of it as using Falcon player there's been a way for numpty's like myself who do this to reverse the string direction. I'm not using Falcon Player for this application and either I'm not holding my tongue right or the "Reverse" option in the xlights model data doesn't work as I expected. I kinda assumed that the string would be reversed at pretty much the output to lights point and that any submodels etc would still works the same. What I found was that the "reverse" appears to be implemented prior to the processing of any submodels. I've tried this on 2024.12 and 2024.13.
Below are screenshots of what the preview shows before and after selecting "reverse" on the model data page.
The prop that I failed on has dozens of submodels that I have created and a lot of the channel rages are in the 1-16 format rather than 1,2,3 etc if that makes any difference.
I can fix my screwup via some fiddling with numbers but I was hoping that I'd either found a bug/quirk in xlights or that I wasn't doing something right.
1722143664892.png

1722143776404.png
1722143833608.png

I feel like there is a submodel import/mapping process that does something here. There is a "Action">"Reverse all nodes in all submodels" item in the submodes menu. That might work. Hey @merryoncherry - this feels like something you might have built support for in xlights?

I feel like there is a submodel import/mapping process that does something here. There is a "Action">"Reverse all nodes in all submodels" item in the submodes menu. That might work. Hey @merryoncherry - this feels like something you might have built support for in xlights?
Where are you looking to see the "reverse all nodes" TWP?

Clicking on the reverse all nodes in all submodels together with the reverse under the model data appears like it might be a winner. Both by themselves do weird things but together the visualiser looks right. Will run some lights in a bit and confirm that that works as well.

Reversing in those 2 sections gets nearly everything working. What doesn't get effected by changing in those 2 spots is the face models.

Okay. The final step is that for each Face model there is also the ability to reverse nodes.
May have been easier for me to pop out 1200 seeds and put them in in the correct order ;)
1722169036806.png

Instead of reversing the model, what happens when you flip it either horizontally, or perhaps vertically? That might work better since it is a symmetric model. Just a thought.

My rosa wreaths were mounted 90 degrees off and to fix that I had to rotate the model 90 degrees which fixed the issue.

The model is symmetrical but the wiring has no axis of symmetry sadly.
Reversing the pixels in the controller or in the 3 settings I eventually found is the only option (as far as I know).

Back