Political sequence

ShayneT

Apprentice elf
Has anyone done a "lets go brandon" Lor pixel tree or matrix sequence? I would post this to the lor us site but am concerned that with the us level of 'wokeness' it may offend but then I say the viral video of a aus artist. Even just scrolling text would be ok.

bpratt

Senior elf
Don't know that "lets go brandon" one, but my personal opinion is that we're doing Christmas lights, and to put up political sequences, especially if they are divisive to any community, is probably not a very wise thing to do.

I commented on a fb post about something similar, and felt that you could get 'vigilantes' with the opposite opinion causing waves during the display, or perhaps damaging it outside of display times.

edit: it is your show, you do what you want with it. :)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The song may have made it to number 1 in US but hate speech is hate speech.
The Aus in AusChristmasLighting stands for the same Aus in the line “Look at Australia, that’s what’s comin’ next if we don’t stand up. Stop complyin’ with them takin’ our rights, it’s time to man up.”

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
I actually had to look that up and what it was about.

Let me be very clear, what people do with their own displays is their own business. Posts the actually condone divisiveness will be closely looked at.

In addition, my personal view is to fully agree with bpratt ..... we as a community often have haters just by doing lights let alone having divisive content to go with it regardless how popular songs etc are.

bpratt

Senior elf
oh dear, I did eventually search on it, and for me it's certainly not something I'd be doing for my Christmas lights.

It would certainly be very divisive, and possibly result in some vigilante taking it out on my display.

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
We are FREE to do what we want with our displays is what it boils down to. I was ridiculed for God Bless the USA and Armed Forces sequence last year(nothing offensive about it). I don't care. People can leave if they don't like it... and many did.. I'm very much for America and not a fan of Biden but never would contemplate using "lets go Brandon" as part of my Christmas light display. I proudly sport TRUMP bumper stickers etc but I would think long and hard before putting this on your light display. I know it would cause nothing but problems here in California.