Postage from the USA

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Just received an email from LOR saying my gear is ready to send. They have two options for postage. They are the "post office" or UPS. Has anyone had good/bad experiences with either or is it much of a muchness. Price is similar.

Thanks

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
In the U.S. Either is fine....

You can always have it insured.
Not sure about shipping down under....

-Blu

mborg10

Michael Borg
It all depends on who delivers it in Australia. UPS and post office won't deliver to you they will pass it off onto a local delivery system. I posted a box from NY to Sydney while I was there thru the post office and it took about a week to get to my parents.

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
I recently received an order from j1sys direct from the US and it took 3 weeks via USPS (normal post office).

Deliveries via UPS generally only take a few days.

That being said, both arrive in the end and both have tracking and insurance options.

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Ive always just used the cheapest option.. but ALWAYS had insurance ...just in case. This of course depends how urgent you are requiring your goods.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The post office option is the one i would take, UPS can be a pain to pick up if your not around when they deliver. Australian post will just leave it at your local post office to pickup if your not around for the delivery.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
In the end it was sent UPS. Worked fine. Then LOR had to send another parcel with some stuff they forgot. They used the post office. Worked fine. No noticeable difference in time taken to get here. The post office option was a bit cheaper but it was only $5 or $10 difference from memory. Both had insurance and tracking.