Power distribution board

r4nd0mbr1ck

New elf
Hi All,

Background: I am gingerly stepping into christmas lighting. It will probably never end up being a full blown display. This year I only have seven 5V WS2811 strings (50 pixels each).

I have seen the F8 Distro board and it seems to be a great convenience to split power. Are there any equivalent boards available locally?

I see that the likes of hexfuse are only to fuse/split the V+ line and don't split the V-.

r4nd0mbr1ck

New elf
Hi Derf,

For now just running off an NodeMCU. I won't get onto the pixel controllers until next year.

Ah - the DA share looks good except it is on backorder. I will keep an eye on that listing.

Snitz87

Lights on Temira
Generous elf
Hanson Electronics have the Power 8 boards and they are in stock.
I'm currently using them in my show and they work well.

I ordered some items off them the other week and they shipped out the same day and arrived a couple of days later. I was pretty happy with the service.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I have lots of options. Hexfuse, Hexfuse2, Power4, Power8, PSDIST1 and PSDIST6
The Power4 is effectively half a Power8 and doesn't have the null buffer built in. The PSDIST1 and 6 both mount directly to power supplies and suit the 2 different formats depending on whether V+ or V- is on the left.
power8.jpg
PSdist1.jpg

r4nd0mbr1ck

New elf
Hi @AAH - looks good.

Trying to optimise my order to maximise postage. Will place an order soonish.

r4nd0mbr1ck

New elf
@AAH - can't tell from the listing but do both the Power4 and Power8 come with screw terminal blocks for input and outputs? What size cables can they take?

AAH

@AAH - can't tell from the listing but do both the Power4 and Power8 come with screw terminal blocks for input and outputs? What size cables can they take?
The input terminal are 6.35mm pitch screw terminals that say that they are rated for up to 4mm2 cable. Personally I'd reckon 6mm2 could be used though it's not necessary with 30A max.
The output terminals are 5.00mm pitch screw terminals. I'm not sure what they are rated for but I would say that you could squeeze 4mm cable in if you had to.

AAH

@AAH thats a much better photo than the one on your website.
Updating pictures on my site is 1 of the multitude of jobs I'm trying to get done. I've now updated the Power8 photo with the 1 from above (it was taken for catalogue) and will work on getting a Power4 pic rather than a render tomorrow.