Power Injector Wiring

goopy

New elf
Hi,

I am planning to run a string of 1000 pixels using two different PSUs. According to my calculations, I will need to inject power every 50 pixels, so I am thinking I will make some T connectors which I would like to wire in a standard a fashion as possible.

Why should the +ve be connected from the input if the PSU is the same? What does this achieve? Will it work if it's not connected? What would I lose?

Alternatively, if I was to use two PSUs to power the same string, and had one for the front half and 1 for the back, would this mean that there was only 1 "break' in the +ve line?

Cheers,

Chris

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Welcome to ACL @goopy !

I am planning to run a string of 1000 pixels using two different PSUs. According to my calculations, I will need to inject power every 50 pixels, so I am thinking I will make some T connectors which I would like to wire in a standard a fashion as possible.
That is very excessive power injection, I've got 12v with strings up to 200 without power injection.
I think some testing first would be ideal. Power injecting is good but there comes a point when it's excessive.

Why should the +ve be connected from the input if the PSU is the same? What does this achieve? Will it work if it's not connected? What would I lose?

Alternatively, if I was to use two PSUs to power the same string, and had one for the front half and 1 for the back, would this mean that there was only 1 "break' in the +ve line?
Have a watch of this power injection video:

---
Hope you enjoy ACL and your Christmas display is bright!