Power Supply

chris19681986

Apprentice elf
IS there one brand of power supply that is preferred over another in the Christmas light world? I have a 5v 300w 60a now from meanwell

Last edited:

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Meanwell pretty much is the gold standard for power supply brands. They do have a number of different quality levels from their budget LRS series to higher efficiency and higher reliability ones like HRP.
The Meanwell supplies are definitely better than the run of the mill supplies sold by the lighting suppliers like Ray Wu, ScottLed, Etop etc but in almost no cases you will have any issues with the supplies that cost half as much. Stay away from Ebay power supplies as in general these will always be the cheapest and lowest of low quality.

TerryK

Retired Elf
Preferred, probably Meanwells. Quite a few ACL members use server supplies, HPs I think. And then then is a smattering of others. Of the Meanwells, mostly the LRS series followed by the Meanwell RSP supplies. As Alan mentioned, the LRS supplies are their budget supplies. Their other series move up in quality and features.