PPD Wreath Pixels going Wonky

Domestos

Apprentice elf
Hey there, I hope someone could hopefully provide me an answer. I have 2 X PPD wreaths in my display, and the one keeps giving me issues. See picture below.
20211212_214108.jpg

At random times, during different sequences, the middle part of the wreath freezes, and the lights stay on permanently. If I disconnect the data and power injection cables, and reconnect them, the problem fixes itself. But I have had nights where I had to do those 3 times, and I have had nights where the whole show runs without any issues. (Yeah, 12V Ray Wu pixels)

I've changed the FPP setting to always transmit channel data, and I am convinced it is a singular faulty pixel, but for the life of me can’t figure out which one.

Short of me replacing 200 pixels (the final 200 pixels on the inner rings, could somebody maybe identify the pixel / pixels that are faulty / potentially faulty based on this picture. I know it is a 1 / 600 chance, but I am really not looking forward to pushing 200 pixels.

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
Sounds like a dodgy pixel, try and identify it (place some tape on it when your show is running) and replace the one pixel before the marked dodgy one also as this one may also not be sending the data

Domestos

Apprentice elf
Sounds like a dodgy pixel, try and identify it (place some tape on it when your show is running) and replace the one pixel before the marked dodgy one also as this one may also not be sending the data
Thanks LawrenceDriveLights, my issue is which one do I replace? I can't figure out which one is faulty. Was hoping somebody could identify it.

I will replace pixels 500 to 600 today and see if that fixes the problem, if not I will then replace 400 to 500. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
I've had issues with pixels stuck on when there's not enough power being fed in, they freeze up in a white state, maybe your power injection needs to be tested to ensure it's within the 12v requirement of the pixels

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
I have one that has a dodgy connector. I can't screw it tight together, gotta leave it a little bit loose.
So in your case it's sounds to me like a data line has come loose in one of your pixels or the connector. While running a test mode go and wiggle the wires on each pixel or connector around where you think the fault is until you can replicate the freezing.

Domestos

Apprentice elf
Hey there, I hope someone could hopefully provide me an answer. I have 2 X PPD wreaths in my display, and the one keeps giving me issues. See picture below.
View attachment 19209

At random times, during different sequences, the middle part of the wreath freezes, and the lights stay on permanently. If I disconnect the data and power injection cables, and reconnect them, the problem fixes itself. But I have had nights where I had to do those 3 times, and I have had nights where the whole show runs without any issues. (Yeah, 12V Ray Wu pixels)

I've changed the FPP setting to always transmit channel data, and I am convinced it is a singular faulty pixel, but for the life of me can’t figure out which one.

Short of me replacing 200 pixels (the final 200 pixels on the inner rings, could somebody maybe identify the pixel / pixels that are faulty / potentially faulty based on this picture. I know it is a 1 / 600 chance, but I am really not looking forward to pushing 200 pixels.
UPDATE: So ended up not replacing any pixels, but did connect a Volt / Amp meter (Which caused another issue, but that is another story), and the volts are a bit low. 8V to 7V range. So I will add another power injection to the final 600 pixels, and hope that resolves the issue.

PS: No failure last night, but did have to do a mid-show reboot as the display was out of sync. Fortunately the reboot fixed all.

Srmorgan

Full time elf
I’m having a similar problem on my boscoyo ice princess flake. For me it’s a bad pixel. The way I found it was to find the last pixel that was lighting up before the frozen pixels. I just flicked that pixel and they all light back up. Just trace the wires on the back till you get to where the problem starts. Hopefully PI is all that you need.