Price rise on 1-Jan-2016

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Due to the freefalling Australian dollar I have to put all of my prices up across the board 10% as from 1st January 2016. Since this time last year the Aussie dollar has dropped about 15% compared to the US dollar which is what I buy most of my parts in. The dollar has dropped about 20% since most of my boards were priced and up until now I have absorbed all the additional costs.
For anyone wanting to slip in an order before the price rise I have enabled backorders on my site for the 2811DC15, 2811DC30 and DMX36. These are all being built this week and will be shipping again next week.

Alan

Attachments

• dollar.jpg
    dollar.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 29

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
You got to hate that exchange rate but at least its stabilized at the moment instead of fluctuating 2 or 3 cents in a day which what was happening a few months ago.
Now how much more will it drop in 2016

Unfortunately most imports are based around the $US and in these situations you have no choice but to increase the pricing to compensate for the drop in the exchange rate.

How I loved the days of being $1.10 to the US dollar but doubt we will see that again in our life time.

DrNeutron

Just starting in this crazy hobby
I feel your pain Alan, we Canucks are in same boat.....As of today our dollar is worth around .72c US.
Both our countries are commodity based economies and suffering ATM.
I can see a lot of us "making do" or "scaling back" on our light orders this year.

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Yes tottally understand allan the economy stuffs it up for everyone but am sure your prices on your products are fair anyways as your after sales service is outstanding .thx for the heads up mate

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
i knew i should have bought stuff just to shelve for 2016 but arh well i don't mind paying good money for a quality product with great support

AAH

There's still about 26hrs for you to get in.

lizardking(adam) said:
i knew i should have bought stuff just to shelve for 2016 but arh well i don't mind paying good money for a quality product with great support

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I'm not sure I'll need/want the 3 boards you mentioned (unless you think they could work in addition to my current 2x P2s - I plan to add more pixel next year) but I probably will need another hexfuse and BBB cape as I plan to do a larger matrix next year. Should I get in quick for these too?

AAH

I mentioned those 3 as they are popular and either currently out of stock or low in stock so I enabled back ordering for them. I just sent 9 octoscrollas off to the U.S. for someone keen to get in before the price bump :)

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
They are a great product Alan. I have used my 2811DC30 hassle free for two seasons so far. It is full now. I have been thinking about getting another 2811DC30 but the inability to purchase led strings with 3 wires has me in two minds. You're not developing a controller for the two wire versions are you?

AAH

I have a 9 string/ 18 channel dmx controlled board underway. It is specifically designed for the 2 wire strings that are flooding the market.
There's always the option of dumb rgb strings to hang off the 2811DC boards or alternately places like mysolarleds will do conventional strings to order.

BundyRoy said:
They are a great product Alan. I have used my 2811DC30 hassle free for two seasons so far. It is full now. I have been thinking about getting another 2811DC30 but the inability to purchase led strings with 3 wires has me in two minds. You're not developing a controller for the two wire versions are you?