projection and practical props (lighting etc)

devilmaan

New elf
I have been doing projection mapping for a handful of years and have been really wanting to incorporate real world lighting also. ie external lighting that would turn on at specific times on the projection show (relay boards triggering) I just cant figure out what to do to tie these two things together. Is anyone doing anything simliar to this?

Hello and welcome,

I am not but can you describe what software you are using to map and control your current show? That would help others who might be doing the same thing.

absolutely! I use Adobe After effects for creating videos and I have my show files on a AGPTEK media player set up to loop all files and auto play and projector. So when the projector is turned on the projection show plays and loops. I do not currently use controllers as there hasnt been a need

The next step up is probably a more sophisticated show player with HDMI out attached to the projector. If you can get it playing your videos, then you have a good start on integrating a lot of other output types and inputs.

In this community, our go-to answer would be something running FPP, but if you don't want to deal with FPP/xLights/pixels/etc., the DMX light show and media player people also have numerous options.

Back