Question about Chase setup

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Martin

Playing with setting up Simple Case Effects tonight for reuse in multiple cues and i noticed that whilst we can override the default step time and fade time we can't override the "fade out time".
Playing with it I can change it on the fly in the effects editor and it applies immediately to the running cue, doing this provides a nice ramp off for the fixtures as the chase goes past.
Is there any chance that this could be provided as an attribute that is settable per Cue?

Now for the dumb question, if i have a set of RGB fixtures set to Red in a Cue is there a simple way to cross fade them to say green.
Playing it appears the correct way to do it is to create two queues and fade between them?

Thanks
Phil

msearancke

New elf
This is a limit of chase effects used in cues that you cant override the fade out time sorry. Its on the todo list to add this.

To do what you have described simply record a cue in red and then record the next cue in green and set the fade in time to cross fade between the colours. I hope that answers your question.

Martin