Rasberry Pi storage issue

Dez

Fueled by Christmas - Inspired by You!
I have recently set up falcon player on my rasberry Pi. When I log in a get a red prompt asking me to change the storage location to my SD card. I don’t have USB thumb drive in it yet. Would you recommend using a thumb drive? I’m assuming this is where the sequences get stored??

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Actually the thumb drives are a PITA with the latest FPP major version. They are trying to get us not to use a memory stick.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
If you installed onto greater than a 4GB then when you log in you will probably see a red banner saying to expand the file system or something like that. What this means is that the process needs to be done to use the full 8GB/16GB etc rather than just the 4GB that the image burns and assigns.
If you're only using a 4GB SD card then you really should go to a bigger SD card and expand the file system when prompted.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Good point Alan, I went and purchased all new 32GB Micro SD cards for all the FPP items for 2020, and thats more than enough for all my display sequences

Dez

Fueled by Christmas - Inspired by You!
If you installed onto greater than a 4GB then when you log in you will probably see a red banner saying to expand the file system or something like that. What this means is that the process needs to be done to use the full 8GB/16GB etc rather than just the 4GB that the image burns and assigns.
If you're only using a 4GB SD card then you really should go to a bigger SD card and expand the file system when prompted.

Hi Allen. Yes, the red banner does say expand the file system. My SD card is 16GB. Do you think that will be big enough??

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Hi Allen. Yes, the red banner does say expand the file system. My SD card is 16GB. Do you think that will be big enough??
16GB is plenty big enough until you go to LOTS of sequences with huge matrices.

Reactions: Dez