Remote audio options

Gooseflyer

New elf
Evening team, I’m looking at getting my lights up and working initially on a small scale on my regional property but was wondering if anyone had any success with some form of remote speakers? My intended ‘viewing platform’ is around 50m (down the driveway and partly down the road ) as you can’t see it straight down the driveway plus the obvious access issues.
Fm is out of the question at that distance, and so is standard speakers, I could run power that far with a few extensions, and possibly place a wireless speaker (not Bluetooth) over cat6, has anyone done anything like that before? Or have any alternate suggestions?

At this stage it will just be my proof of concept mega tree, (180 degree 20 string 1000 pixels ) but as with everything once it’s going I will be adding more to the display.

Gooseflyer

New elf
I actually just realized I can use a second raspberry pi with fpp in slave mode just for the audio, so there’s that as another option.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Fm is out of the question at that distance
I'm curious, Do you not have an FM transmitter already?

Anyway, if you are using FPP there is options for remote instances. I think remote Pi's can also play an audio file off it's own SD (network sync every second).
A long audio cable seems cheaper!

Gooseflyer

New elf
No I don’t have a fm transmitter, but I’m pretty sure most won’t work over that distance. I’m going to try the pi once I have it setup and see how well that works as I have a few of them around already. I have rolls of cat6 so that part is not an issue.