Rope lights on Tin / Colorbond Roof

MarkW

New elf
Ive found a secure and easy method to be 1/2 conduit saddles (size dependant on your rope light) from electrical supplies stores. Unscrew roofing screw and place on the saddle. You can paint them the same as your roof colour. Then come lights time, loosen slightly , slide in rope ligt and tighten down. Very secure, straight as a die and easy as.
Great idea....I intend to use the same method next weekend.

Ash

New elf
I put lights on my colourbond roof line as well as traversing sides last year using 3M clips on double-sided tape. I was doubtful they would remain in place with Brisbane heat from November, but probably 90% held well through Christmas.

After delaying taking them down all year, I checked the other day and about 50% remain effective, but too brittle from the sun to open and close the clip without breaking. The lights still work, but the plastic is sun damaged/faded.

So for about $20, I bought another 48 clips to replace and have done the same this year. The only change is that I used some suger soap cleaning wipes first to clean the dust from the roof, which I think might have caused some to unstick.

Do you mind sharing which 3M clips you got? Was looking at Bunnings and there’s quite a few. Was the adhesive that came with them good enough or did you use some different double sided tape?