RPI-P10 with a Pi Zero

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Hello Alan (@AAH ),

So, while looking into alternatives to drive a new panel prop I am working on the RPI-P10 came up. Currently, I run one on a 3b+ but was wondering how well they would run on a raspberry pi zero 2? What sort of limitations might there be when running on an original zero? This particular prop could have up to 6 panels and no more.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Dean

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Hi Dean
You should have no problems running 6 p10 panels with a pi zero and rpi-p10. I would say that the Pi could probably control up to 5 or 6 panels on each of the 3 outputs. The issue is going to be data. If you're trying to do it wirelessly I'd say that you would struggle but if you have all your sequences on the sd card and run in remote mode then you should have no issue at all.

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Hi Dean
You should have no problems running 6 p10 panels with a pi zero and rpi-p10. I would say that the Pi could probably control up to 5 or 6 panels on each of the 3 outputs. The issue is going to be data. If you're trying to do it wirelessly I'd say that you would struggle but if you have all your sequences on the sd card and run in remote mode then you should have no issue at all.
Thanks for the response and additional information.

Dean

Reactions: AAH

thp1972

New elf
I've got a four p5 panel tune to sign hooked up to a pi zero w and an rpi-p10 and I haven't noticed any issues. It ran wirelessly in remote mode.

Reactions: AAH