Running CCR in DMX Universe

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I had Problems today running A CCR out of a DR-4 in DMX universe. I tried every thing in Fasteddy's Presentation .
It appeared that the controller was connecting as I was getting a steady Status light on the CCR.

Well there was a couple of things I didn't know about that I tried while in chat and had a win.

If you are using a DR-4 like I was trying too go to the slave configuration screen and tick select loip, also under that also select keep alive parameters and set to 30ms.

My final problem was in the hardware setup of the CCR itself. Connect CCR to LOR hardware Manager and go to configeration screen for the CCR. Set the CCR to DMX controller without macro's. I Had it set to Both and that didn't seem to work for me.

Superman

Global moderator
So the End result was Success. Did I forget to mention that bit.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Im glad those extra pointers worked. They are not mentioned in my LOR in DMX preso as this seems more a specific issue with the DR4 and LSP, somewhere it doesnt keep sending a DMX signal if you are sending zeros, so you must then set up the keep alives so a DMX signal is always sent because the LOR controller would have to determine if its DMX or LOR code being sent every time the dmx signal is stopped and this causes a delay or when testing in the hadware utilty to only make the colours come on when the slider is being moved.

Superman

Global moderator
After all those settings were applied the CCR also work with the da_E131 controller software.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
One of the things to be aware of is that in LSP the default CCR controller is a 50 pixel (150 channel) RGB controller, this is fine if you intend to just use the CCR without macros, but in DMX mode you need to setup the CCR hardware to do that. If you do want to use macros in LSP then you would have to make the controller a standard controller and not an RGB controller and then add the extra 8 channels for the macros. If you keep it as an RGB controller then you will end up with 3 macros channels being combined which wont work