Running sequences (and singing faces) from SD card

UKDel

New elf
I have been searching the net and forums for some time looking for a simple way to run a show through an SD card and an arduino. I have seen some ideas but never a complete solution that one could implement.

What I ideally would like is a way to have a stand alone singing character .. like chromabulb or xmas tree .. set up and sequenced in Vixen or Xlights, Then to be able to record the sequence (and sound would be cherry on the cake) to an SD card. The playback would then be through, ideally, a relatively cheap arduino with SD reader. As I have said, I have seen a few ideas but am struggling to fully understand the complexity and thus to finally link it all together. Is there a solution (DIY prefered..or commercial if needed) that exists out there?.

I suppose an alternative is to ask is there a way to programme a relatively complex sequence direct into an arduino, and set it up that way.

Any insight, or lead, you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all . Del

UKDel

New elf
HI DKULP

I am beginning to think that way.. although given the number of arduino boards i have i thought it may be possible with one of the more powerful simple boards (egESP32 )... I thought after posting about running FPP on a PI, I wasnt sure if you could use a PI Zero for it though...although I bow to your great knowledge as I am not familiar with the Pi. I can see it might be simpler. Thanks for the very swift reply I will ponder it over.

Del