S3 Locking Up

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I have two sequences that will lock up at the end of the song if I play them and watch in visualiser. It plays right to the end and then freezes. I can stop and restart it any time before the end, but if it gets to the end then it just locks up and pressing stop doesn't do anything. I have to shut the sequencer down. Anyone had this before and resolved it.

I haven't tried putting the songs in a show yet to see if I can still use them. Luckily for me both are just 15 seconds of tune in sign on my matrix, so it's not the end of the world if I have to redo them.

Thanks

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Thanks Shell. I'll try reloading the music. I don't think there is anything going on (no sequencing activity) at the end where it locks up, so maybe I could just shorten it. Will try reloading the music first though.

Strange that this has just started happening though. It worked fine when I created a few months back and I haven't touched it since until today when I was giving all my songs a run through on visualiser.

Both of the sequences that lock up use portions that I cut out of the one song in audacity. I'm guessing that is not a coincidence.

Ɠαяєтн

Mae gen i C.L.A.P ei heintus iawn
Are you using the sequencer to play or the show on demand.

Try turning off "Lights Off at End", under the play menu in the sequencer. Or untick the box "Turn used lights off at the end of each sequence" in the show editor.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Gareth, just playing in sequencer and watching on visualiser. Will try your tips.

John, normally I just hit the play button tab at the top to make it play, but yesterday I was playing around with freeform play by hitting spacebar just before this happened. Just wanted to see what freeform play was. Do I now need to turn that off somehow or something.

I did try shutting my computer down and then turning it back on but it didn't help.

Thanks for the help.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
It seems it was related to freeform play. I did not have turn lights off at end ticked. I hit shift + space and all good now. Great start to my Friday. Thanks for the help.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Change of plans. Seems to be random. Sometimes will work then other times locks up. Will try reloading music tonight.

bbayjohn

Senior elf

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
John, I'm pretty sure I have the latest version, it's 3.11.2

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Yep that's the current version, well at least that's what I'm using.
Are you still experiencing the problem?
I have had issues before when it locks up. It when I go to save a lot of work or try and copy and paste large channel counts. So now I save often and paste into about 300 channels at a time.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I still get the problem if I try and view it in visualiser. I'm sure it's to do with the music file. It is only a 15 second thing on my matrix saying to tune in and it works fine in my show so I'm not going to do anything about it unless I decide to change the message.

Thanks for the help and I hope you get all your issues sorted without to many challenges.