Seed Pixel mounting strip - 3D printed - Published on Thigiverse

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Edit Update 3rd September - all spacing options, corner pieces and mounting options are now published for free on Thingiverse. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6753173

I initially put this up on the unofficial FB group to gauge any interest and get some initial comments of a little 3D printed project I am are working on...
The work on this was inspired by other designs floating around for the US scene done in inches

Snap in Seed strip for the Neta 16x10mm square trunk electrical conduit from Bunnings.

Initial design is 25mm spacing and I expect it to actually work with 1" space seeds, definitely fits current 3 wire seed strings but will need a small increase in sizing for the 4 wire dual data pixels... I actually have neither at the moment. I have already had an offer to send me some for testing the fit.

The printed strip just snaps into the Deta trunk conduit and is a firm fit.
Both strait and corner pieces have been completed, printed and tested with the older style thin wire 4" space seeds i do have :)
Screenshot 2024-08-22 185335.png

There is enough room in the 16x10 for a least 1 x 24x0.20 power run and 3 wire pixels and you may even squeeze in two. I haven't worked out how to drop them out to do a power inject point yet.
Screenshot 2024-08-22 184956.png

Corner design, both seed snap strip and conduit looks like this. Corner snap pieces will always be 2 units long regardless of spacing and don't require left and right.
Screenshot 2024-08-23 124227.png

To be done yet
work on mounting clips for the conduit to clip into.

Versions planned for release was we confirm with some current seed pixels.
25mm spacing
30mm Spacing
40mm Spacing
50mm spacing

Print lengths to cover most print bed sizes
240mm
300mm
360mm

Module lengths as low as a single unit letting you print and build window frames etc as close as possible to the size required
might all be too late for this year but maybe useful for some.

Good news, all designs will be release FREE of cost on Thingiverse for people to print.

Initially for local Canberra people without access to a printer then I can look at printing these at cost if there is demand.

Open to thoughts, ideas and feedback

PS figure i can track request better via the forum than on the FB group

Cheers
Phil

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-23 120914.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-23 120914.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
You have me wondering if I can cut this out of coro now, might be a good deal faster than printing if the fit a little poorer...

@AussiePhil, I have been working on a 16mm x 10mm conduit clip for the strip lights I have. I've mounted the 10mm strips in the conduit and have made gutter clips and conduit joiners to suit. Happy to share with you...I'm new to lights and 3D printing but hopefully this is of value to you. I've attached the STL, the joiner might be a little tight but otherwise, it works well.

Attachments

• 16MM_Conduit_Gutter_Hooks_joiner.stl
    158 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
@AussiePhil, I have been working on a 16mm x 10mm conduit clip for the strip lights I have. I've mounted the 10mm strips in the conduit and have made gutter clips and conduit joiners to suit. Happy to share with you...I'm new to lights and 3D printing but hopefully this is of value to you. I've attached the STL, the joiner might be a little tight but otherwise, it works well.
Many thanks, the gutter clip is immensely valuable, can you post u picture of the gutter profile it is for please..

I've loaded both up in the slicer and I have a couple if small tweaks to make both easier to print, i'll get back to you. Cheers

Here you go…I was thinking of turning the connector upright as I’m printing with no supports but haven’t gotten to that yet. Would be interested to see any other mods you make.

Attachments

• IMG_6364.jpeg
    IMG_6364.jpeg
    797.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6363.jpeg
    IMG_6363.jpeg
    839.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6362.jpeg
    IMG_6362.jpeg
    729.7 KB · Views: 34
Here you go…I was thinking of turning the connector upright as I’m printing with no supports but haven’t gotten to that yet. Would be interested to see any other mods you make.
Ok two questions.
Why such a long stand off/distance from the gutter and what is the hook under for at the bottom? cable management?

Here is a screenshot of the joiner, just extruded a 60mm length of the corner piece that i know works. Note the internal fillet and the chamfer, the internal fillet means zero overhang and no issues with support free printing

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-28 135428.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-28 135428.png
    402.9 KB · Views: 12
Ok two questions.
Why such a long stand off/distance from the gutter and what is the hook under for at the bottom? cable management?

Here is a screenshot of the joiner, just extruded a 60mm length of the corner piece that i know works. Note the internal fillet and the chamfer, the internal fillet means zero overhang and no issues with support free printing
No particular reason for such a big standoff, I will more than likely chop some out to get it closer to the gutter.

Bottom hook is there to hang additional lights below the strips (icicles) but could be used for cable management too.

I will modify my connector to have a chamfer, thanks for the tip.

No particular reason for such a big standoff, I will more than likely chop some out to get it closer to the gutter.

Bottom hook is there to hang additional lights below the strips (icicles) but could be used for cable management too.

I will modify my connector to have a chamfer, thanks for the tip.
Just grab this flat wall clip to test out the fillet chamfer setup, I should have a new gutter clip based on your stl a bit latter today

Attachments

• Flat wall Clip.stl
    115 KB · Views: 3
I had another go, I used your conduit profile and modified my original clip with no stand-off. I cleaned up the model a little too. Haven't printed it yet so not sure how it will come out but will use less material which is a bonus.

Out of interest, what do you print your outdoor parts with? I am currently using ASA but on occasion, I am having adhesion issues even with my bed temp at 105c and printing on PEI.

Attachments

• 16MM_Conduit_Gutter_Hook_no_standoff.stl
    68.7 KB · Views: 2
I had another go, I used your conduit profile and modified my original clip with no stand-off. I cleaned up the model a little too. Haven't printed it yet so not sure how it will come out but will use less material which is a bonus.

Out of interest, what do you print your outdoor parts with? I am currently using ASA but on occasion, I am having adhesion issues even with my bed temp at 105c and printing on PEI.
I use PETG for all external prints these days. I used ABS nearly exclusively years back but it eventually goes brittle with UV... PETG is really good and cheap these days and easier to print.

I remodeled the gutter clips and they should fit but would appreciate a test, just took your profile and did it as circles.
gutter clips.png
Two versions both simple with no lower hook but with narrow or wide cable management options.

For others both flat and right angle clips are done for framing for direct wall or connection to barge board under the gutter.
right angle clips.png

Guess the other clip requirements are for connection to round conduit.... thoughts?

Attachments

• Square gutter wide cable.stl
    111.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Square outer edge gutter.stl
    175.4 KB · Views: 2
Round conduit to 16x10 Deta square clips have been completed, I'm still waiting on some sample pixels to turn up before a release the entire system for use.
If anyone wants to print and test the snap strips then i'm happy to post a STL for a 5 pixel strip, long enough to test with and low on filament usage.
Completed clips are for DN15 and DN20 PVC pipe, can do others on request.

Screenshot 2024-08-29 162219.pngScreenshot 2024-08-29 162209.png

Back