Seed pixel struggles

Iain

Full time elf
I wonder if “we” can get some assurances of better quality in the next bulk buy… better epoxy or better soldering or something?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
I wonder if “we” can get some assurances of better quality in the next bulk buy… better epoxy or better soldering or something?
You'll be hard pressed to get any Aussie Vendor to commit to something like that. They are bound by Australian Consumer Law, whereas the Chinese factories are not. This would significantly increase the price of them as the vendor would then have to factor in purchasing more from the manufacturer.

That being said, I am not aware of any vendor doing bulk buys/ prepaid sales on seeds as yet; that's still on the bullet front as the order numbers aren't just there on seeds yet.

Iain

Full time elf
You'll be hard pressed to get any Aussie Vendor to commit to something like that.
Yeah was referring to asking the Chinese manufacturers. I know you only have their word, but it doesn’t hurt to ask, especially if you’re ordering the bulk buy.

MrCamo

New elf
Update to my saga, when they stop working I can get them going again by unplugging from the pigtail and plugging back in again.
I tried numerous things before this, such as changing the ethernet (between controller and diff receiver), powering down, trying different ports but nothing. The only thing that gets them going is unplugging and plugging back in again.
Anyone have any thoughts as to what to check further or if this is even a pixel related issue?
Thanks legends

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Update to my saga, when they stop working I can get them going again by unplugging from the pigtail and plugging back in again.

Sounds like a pixel is locking up and no longer passing data. Powering off and on again just reboots it essentially.

If you haven't already, I would be checking you have decent voltage along the length of the string. It might need power injection.

MrCamo

New elf
Sounds like a pixel is locking up and no longer passing data. Powering off and on again just reboots it essentially.

If you haven't already, I would be checking you have decent voltage along the length of the string. It might need power injection.
I'm getting 12.1v out of the pigtail, and they seem to lock up after only around 20 pixels or so. Reckon it's still worth splicing and checking?
I'll also completely replace this string next year so will see how that goes. Going with the four wire ones just in case 😀

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
I'm getting 12.1v out of the pigtail, and they seem to lock up after only around 20 pixels or so. Reckon it's still worth splicing and checking?
I'll also completely replace this string next year so will see how that goes. Going with the four wire ones just in case 😀
If you're measuring that at the far end, then you're all good. It's highly unlikely to be that, unless if you have a really long lead from the controller with tiny wire, and you're measuring it with all pixels extinguished :)