Setting up DMX36MK2 to run as my 3rd controller

William Stevens

New elf
I currently have 2 LOR controllers. I run Showtime advanced and recently purchased a DMX36MK2 controller to add to my system. The DMX36MK2 runs and tests ok. When connecting to the last LOR controller with a Cat 5 cable, a LOR to DMX adapter followed by another cat 5 into the DMX36MK2.
When I run the Hardware utility it only locates the first LOR controller. When I remove the DMX36MK2 cables it locates both LOR controllers.
I am obviously doing something basically wrong. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
It should in theory find both of them but it's a slightly moot point as you will need to run them in DMX mode. The 2 LOR controllers I assume have LOR ID's of 1 and 2 which equates to DMX channels 1-16 and 17-32. The DMX36Mk2 would get configured with a start channel of 33. I am going on memory as I don't use LOR any longer and haven't touched it since about November last year when I was helping someone out but I think you need to go into the network setup and change from a LOR network on whatever serial output to "Raw DMX" on whatever comm port it is that the dongle comes up as.
After you change that then you need to edit the channels for a sequence so that instead of LOR channels 1-64 they become universe 1 (presumably) and channels 1 to 64. Save that channel config as a template and for each of the sequences that you currently have you will need to import that channel template.
There's a video on the network setup part of LOR in the video below.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWYK5S8MSTs

William Stevens

New elf
Thank you for the quick reply. I will read up on the dmx setup & should be right from there.

Reactions: AAH