Settings for more than 120 pixles

SFisher

New elf
Hi all.
complete newbie and I’m slowly making my way through. I’ve got my first string of ws2812b 2 meters long 60pixles per m to work well. Problem is when I daisy chain the second lot none light up. I’ve set pixles in xlights to 240 nodes 1 light per node so I’m assuming there is a setting within fpp that I am missing.
Tia

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Are you plugging the led strip into a hat on the pi or a seperate F16v3 or F48 pixel controller?

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
Can you upload some photos / Screenshots of your Xlights layout, FPP output settings and what devices you are using?

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
I think Alan has recently updated the RPi28+ instructions for FPP as the location of string settings has changed in the recent versions of FPP. Have a look at this page, http://www.hansonelectronics.com.au/product/rpi-28dplus/
Your solution will be in the FPP RPi28+ string settings.
You could also hold up a pot of"spag Bol" and bang the side of it with a wooden spoon and Alan himself should turn up within seconds to help! ;):D

SFisher

New elf
Can you upload some photos / Screenshots of your Xlights layout, FPP output settings and what devices you are using?

Attachments

• Screenshot (41).png
    Screenshot (41).png
    730.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot (42).png
    Screenshot (42).png
    588 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot (43).png
    Screenshot (43).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot (44).png
    Screenshot (44).png
    634.8 KB · Views: 8

vk3heg

Full time elf
First thing I noticed is that you have setting turned on the other output items. The hat from Alan, only needs to have the setting in the "Pi Pixel Strings" tab set.
Then it's a matter of telling fpp, how many leds are on what port and witch port they are connected to.

SFisher

New elf
First thing I noticed is that you have setting turned on the other output items. The hat from Alan, only needs to have the setting in the "Pi Pixel Strings" tab set.
Then it's a matter of telling fpp, how many leds are on what port and witch port they are connected to.
fixed that issue and lights are working but only the first strand of 120

Attachments

• Screenshot (45).png
    Screenshot (45).png
    1 MB · Views: 5

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Well done on tidying the other issues up. Ok, you said you Daisy chained the 2nd 120 strip to the end of the first, so all 240 are connected to port 1, yes? Change port 1 config to read 240 pixel count and end channel to 760. Then disable port 2: because you probably don't have anything connected. Now try again the pixel test.
On another note, if you have configured xlights with your controller/FPP config correctly you can simply "Upload to Controller" from xLights controller tab each time you make a change and this will update the selected controllers. Makes updating and keeping track of changes soooo much easier!!

Last edited:

SFisher

New elf
Yep that worked well, Thankyou to everyone for the help. Now I seem to be having port issues where when I play lights on port 1 it does the same on port 2 (only have two ports this year). Would this be a universe setting within xlights

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Yes and No, this is a setting in FPP, looking at your last FPP screenshot set the start channel of port 2 to 2401 and your pixel count to the number of pixels you have connected to it. Now in X lights the model you have set up for port 2 should have the start channel of it set to 2401 as well.
Note: this is to allow you to run up the the max of 800 pixels per port