Shopping list needed. I'm Starting Fresh.... mostly

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
the 3-2-3 indicates number of pins in each connector. Shouldn't be too hard to swap out your power injection leads to 2 pin connectors.
I'd advise against keeping them as 3 pin, to prevent mistaking data leads for just power and frying something in error.

Pavle

Rank updated… 2 season veteran
the 3-2-3 indicates number of pins in each connector. Shouldn't be too hard to swap out your power injection leads to 2 pin connectors.
I'd advise against keeping them as 3 pin, to prevent mistaking data leads for just power and frying something in error.

I expected it to be 2 pin, but I thought it would still be the same pin layout as a 3 pin connector, allowing me to plug in a standard 3 pin connector, but with only making a connection with 2 pins. Hopefully I am making some sort of sense.

Prendy

New elf
Thanks for the assistance and advice everyone, i've placed my orders, so hopefully can get building by the end of August.

Went with the Falcon F16v4 as it actually worked out much cheaper than the Advatek controller, plus the support base is most likely much wider as it's the favoured controller in the US.

I'm sure i've forgotten toorder a few things, but i'll muddle my way through.

paullyxmas76

Full time elf
I just jumped all-in with some essentials, buying from LightItUpLEDS:
  • pixel pliers
  • xconnect pigtails
  • xconnect caps
  • pixel tester (xconnect)
  • Mean Well PSU
  • 18AWG wire
  • xconnect Ts
  • inline fuse holders
  • 5x 100node bullet pixel strings, 12V (xconnect pigtails)
And a Falcon F16v4 controller ordered as well.

Some initial capital outlay, for sure, with a view for expansion in due course. I can't not enjoy this hobby :)
Thank you for your business we are lodging your order today with the Post office... Tracking number sent

KiwiPhil

Full time elf

Adsy

Full time elf
I expected it to be 2 pin, but I thought it would still be the same pin layout as a 3 pin connector, allowing me to plug in a standard 3 pin connector, but with only making a connection with 2 pins. Hopefully I am making some sort of sense.
This is an almost foolproof way avoid mistakes. You still need to align the connectors properly or fuses will blow or maybe the dreaded magic smoke may appear

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.