Show/Laptop stuttering slightly after a while running

Joshaaye

Hoping that everything still works..
So for reference:

Running:
F16V4 (Build 10) - 2 smart recievers
Laptop running Xschedule (Very powerful modern gaming laptop 16gb ram, 3070 GPU, Intel i7 CPU)
about 1700 lights - 3x 350w power supplies
Cat 6 ethernet from laptop to network switch
Cat 6 ethernet from controller to network switch

I'm fairly sure my issue is laptop related - This is because if I close the lid on my laptop or let the screen power off while my show is running, the show goes VERY stuttery. If I then unlock my laptop it runs fine. So I have changed the power settings so it doesn't go to sleep for about 5hrs while my show is running.

However, after an hour or so, I tend to notice my show getting a little glitchy again. And I quite often have to open up a couple programs on my laptop or something and get it thinking hard again so it starts working properly. Restarting Xschedule does also seem to fix though (which is the only thing making me think, maybe it's not all just my laptop).

So I'd like to know if anyone else has encountered something similar? Are there recommended settings for leaving your laptop/pc on while your show is running or little tips and tricks to get the best performance for your show.

Thanks!

KiwiPhil

Full time elf
it will be the pc going into power saving mode, you can disable these modes in windows power settings and in the bios of the laptop

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
Assuming you run plugged in, leave lid open and adjust power options so it never goes to sleep or turns off the screen while plugged into power, this should prevent it going into a low power state