Singing Face Mouth Map

everettdale

Apprentice elf
I couldn't find a smart pixel light map for the mouth phonemes that I liked so I spent a few hours putting one together. I figured that some of you might find it useful. I also figure that as soon as someone looks at this they'll go "Oh, that's just like this one you can download here" LOL. But it was a fun exercise anyway.

It uses a 50 light string of lights, and is basically 50% in size. So if you double it in size when you print it, it will be about right for a 13" mouth that will work well in a 24" wide face. At least I hope so. I haven't actually tried it yet.

Anyway here is a PDF for you all.

Edit: OK, I made a face model in xlights using this map, and did a quick sequence. It works pretty good. There are a couple thing that need changing, and I will update the PDF when I get those made. I'm getting a string of lights delivered tomorrow, and I'll see if I can mock up a face. I'll share a video of that as soon as I can. Cheers!

Attachments

• Singing Mouth.pdf
    150.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
There's a slight issue with your layout. The mouth shapes are fine but with your layout you'll have no choice but to cut and extend the pixel spacing between pixels 40 and 41. With a bit more thought you should be able to work out a layout that doesn't need you to extend the pixel spacing.

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
I think Alan is suggesting that if you add the pixels like this (I'm sure there are other paths) then you shouldn't need any special joins.

Cool mouth though. I might borrow it for a layout I'm looking to do later this year.

Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 9.16.51 PM.png

everettdale

Apprentice elf
I think Alan is suggesting that if you add the pixels like this (I'm sure there are other paths) then you shouldn't need any special joins.

Cool mouth though. I might borrow it for a layout I'm looking to do later this year.

View attachment 25688
I actually just did that. Or at least something very similar. I'll update the pdf soon. I'll add the node ranges too. And the model data map.