3.x Small 'Megatrees' in Vixen3 and P12S

Eastwood16G

Full time elf
I've 3 strings of 100 pixels working fine with three outputs of the P12 with Vixen 3.

If I want a mega tree of six strings of 50 do I have to chop the strings in half and use six of my outputs? Surely Vixen and the Joshua can be configured for a logical layout.

I've tried using the effects on the Joshua but it seems to block the instructions from Vixen (no lamps light for the output I configure).

Has anybody else encountered this problem? Fixed I? I'm missing something simple. Surely?

Richard

I guess I can sole it all back up again.

battle79

Full time elf
You can certainly use the 100ct strings for your mega tree. First string is 50 pixels up, and 50 pixels down.

The magic is in the mapping between vixen and the lights.

Set vixen up as 6 strings of 50 to make the element. When you map to outputs, you map the 1st string in vixen to the first 50 pixels on the 1st output of the P12S. 2nd string in vixen is mapped to the second group of pixels on the 1st physical string output.

The magic: In the P12S effects page set up the first string as 50 pixels normal, then 50 pixels reversed.

Do this for all strings and you should have correct setup.

Note: This is only one way to accomplish this. You can also just map the 2nd box of 50 pixels in reverse when mapping outputs in vixen. I personally prefer to do the reversing in hardware.

Hope that all makes sense,
Rowan

Eastwood16G

Full time elf
Tah, tried the second way. Will try your preferred way. I think alec tried to tell me that but I didn't get it.

Eastwood16G

Full time elf
Working like a dream. Was a problem with my E1.31 setup in Vixen I misread/misunderstood Eddy's guide for the P12R.