Smart Receiver Question

Adsy

Full time elf
Can i run 5V power only to the receiver and still run 12v direct to pixels or must all voltages match? Cheers Adam

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Can i run 5V power only to the receiver and still run 12v direct to pixels or must all voltages match? Cheers Adam
The main board does not send any power to the receiver boards.
What ever the power given to the receiver board is the voltage given at the 4 outputs.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
If you mean can you run 5V to the receiver board, but power your pixels not via the receiver board, but by a separate power supply and fuses, not connecting the positive of the 12V side to the receiver board, then yes. Not sure why you would want to do that, but you can. You just need to ensure you connect the negatives of the 5V and 12V power supply together

It's easier to power the smart receiver from 12V and provide power either via the smart receiver and it's fuses, or via external fuses

Adsy

Full time elf
Thanks Mark ,
i am currently building my controller boxes so i'm making sure each box is set up correctly as each has different voltage

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Yeah if it's simply that one smart receiver has 5V pixels, one has 12V pixels, then it's nothing you need to worry about. Things only get complex when you mix the voltages on one receiver board

Adsy

Full time elf
Thanks LL I have a few smaller 5v power supplies lying around so i wondered if this was possible . Will stick with matching power supplies for ease

Adsy

Full time elf
ok just to clarify each smart board will have same voltage pixels just whether they could have different voltage power