Taking Video & Overlaying Music

Callaidyn

New elf
Sorry everyone - asked this in chat earlier today and then was called away from my computer so didn't see any responses.
What programs do people use to dub music over the videos that they take of their displays? One person said Sony Vegas - is this what most use or do other people use other programs?
Thanks!

Callaidyn

New elf
I still have to take them - had problems with not hearing the music (due to the neighbour issues I've been having) last night so asked the question in chat earlier on what I should do - recommendation was to take the video with some slight sound (so I could pick the music queue) and dub the song over the top. Was planning on taking one video for each song - songs range from just over 1 minute to about 4.5 minutes for the longest one.

burner

Full time elf
You could even use Windows Live Movie Maker (which is Free).

Mm

Silent elf
use iMovie, not sure if you are using a Mac.

kane

Dedicated elf
burner said:
You could even use Windows Live Movie Maker (which is Free).

That's what I use - and works well, pretty easy to get your head around (given it's a piece of software most of us don't use too often, you don't want a steep learning curve)

Christmas on Clarafield

Full time elf
I used windows live movie maker. To sync it up, I find the timing a particular element comes on and use that as a reference, then I get my video, find the same element coming on and count back from there to the zero mark of the song. did my videos in a few minutes.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
smiley-signs009.gif

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
I do a lot of video editing so I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC, but it's beyond the needs of most people here

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
I edit all my display video with Corel VideoStudio. Works well for me! But Windows Movie Maker is OK as well if you're not fussed about great quality or more finer control of the editing.

The camera I use records to AVCHD format and not all editors support it yet (although support is getting better). But it is much more efficient on file size than the old MJPEG options!