Temporary pixel lights

westside bengal

New elf
At the last minute my wife decided she is tired of the strobe gutter holiday lights we have used the last couple of years and wants me to outline the roof with addressable pixel lights. We have a hip roof and would either do just the front of ~60ft. Or 3 sides ~120ft. I do want my lights to be temporary or no more than semi-permanent to see how it works out and if I want to change anything before making it permanent. Also as we are both retired we have contemplated moving from Indiana to Texas where our son lives.

Before ordering parts I am struggling how to mount the lights. I have vinyl wrapped fascia boards but my soffit comes down to the bottom of the fascia boards. I do not have room to mount pixels behind the fascia board.

I have lots of info on permanent pixel lights but for suggestions on pixel types and temporary mounting process would be greatly appreciated?

Attachments

• gutter1a.jpg
    gutter1a.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 4
  • gutter2a.jpg
    gutter2a.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 4
On my previous house I used these strips from Boscoyo and used small plastic clips and zipties to hang them. There was no damage, no holes, and everything went up and down fairly easily. The one downside is that it's hard to make them perfectly straight, but I couldn't tell when the lights were running, and I'm very particular about lines being straight.

There are lots of other ways to hang them, depending on how rigid you want to make them. Some strips attach to PVC or EMT, some people drill out PVC, there are lots of options. Maybe check Boscoyo's site under Pixel/RGB Mounting Strips/Rolls. See if anything jumps out at you.

They sell lots of premade clips that would go over the gutter lip, or in the soffit notch behind the fascia board... these are designed for traditional lights but would totally work to hold pixel lights like the addressable C9 style. (I'm not sure which pixels you had in mind...) A lot of these will also clip to the edge of the roof if it is just shingles sticking out. Or a lot of people on here will tell you what they 3D printed to get the same result...

Back