Testing with xlights and pixlite 16

badger4543

Full time elf
I have been successful uploading my sequences to fpp and they play but I have a issue with my arches/mini trees/stars that are daisy chained.

can you test the models via xlights with a pixlite 16? They all light up in fpp test mode but in the sequence they are acting up and im trying to iron out some kinks and testing models would be ideal haha,

If you can how do inget this function to work i have a green light on the controller page

KiwiPhil

Full time elf
you cant test directly from the pixlite, aside from running the entire thing in test mode then it does the colour cycle on all outputs that have valid channel.

There is a current bug in xlights where if you use the visualiser on an advatek controller the channels get messed up and the outputs dont work correctly - things get mapped to channels they shouldnt be. We found this out in zoom a few weeks ago - the devs are aware of it so I have been told.

Best current workaround I am using for them was setup an E131 output per 3 or 6 universes / 510 or 1020 pixels and do the same in advatek controller under advanced with matching settings. then in xlights you can manually specify the e131 output as a physical port - it removes xlights trying to shift things around automatically and messing with the advateks channels

Nojoy

Full time elf
@badger4543 ive just finished setting up my Pixlite display for this year. Happy to troubleshoot with you today (subject to timing)

badger4543

Full time elf
Ok thanks, i might just get some screen shots up and get you guys to double check what I'm doing and where I'm at. Im trying to squeeze my setup in amongst another bunch of jobs I'm meant to get done before Christmas haha

badger4543

Full time elf
you cant test directly from the pixlite, aside from running the entire thing in test mode then it does the colour cycle on all outputs that have valid channel.

There is a current bug in xlights where if you use the visualiser on an advatek controller the channels get messed up and the outputs dont work correctly - things get mapped to channels they shouldnt be. We found this out in zoom a few weeks ago - the devs are aware of it so I have been told.

Best current workaround I am using for them was setup an E131 output per 3 or 6 universes / 510 or 1020 pixels and do the same in advatek controller under advanced with matching settings. then in xlights you can manually specify the e131 output as a physical port - it removes xlights trying to shift things around automatically and messing with the advateks channels

How do I know if this is what has happen? And should I proceed to try do the by pass method or just wait till the devs fix the bug?

badger4543

Full time elf
in the print out i have writen my start universe as in xlights (hope you can read my hand writing) and also have a sreen shot of my advatek assistant how what should i have in the start channels. any advice on getting these two to talk properly??

Attachments

• 20201115_154226.jpg
    20201115_154226.jpg
    748.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 5.49.52 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 5.49.52 pm.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 37