Thank you!

Kartman

New elf
Generous elf
Hi,

This is my first year of a Christmas display and it would not have been possible without the help and resources of everyone here. Big shout out to people in the Zoom room who sorted out my FPP problem.

I thought I would start 'small' with just a mega tree and then got talked into outlining the house and some icicles. The tree went as planned but I only got up half the icicles and the outline and the last pieces of that only went up after Christmas.

The Mega tree is 180 degree, 3.8M tall with 24 strands of 75 lights and topped with a 1M star. It is a tilt up tree I can erect by myself in a few hours so I am pretty happy with that.

The icicles are made from resin and look like icicles when the lights are off. Part of the reason for the late completion of the icicles is the wife was not happy with prototype 1 and 2M of icicles got scrapped. It was the right decision as the new ones look much better.

I ran out of time so ended up using sequences that people have generously shared.

Once I got a RTC on the FPP (that's enough acronyms for one day) the display has run faultlessly even with us going away for a few days.

When the tree comes down I am going to add more layers to the star as well as more icicles some arches and etc etc. oh no I have got CLAP (and loving it)

Thanks again - Julian

P1050113.JPGP1050108.JPGP1050105.JPG