The first pixel out of my ports do not not display? A4-S Advatek controller.

CJSleme

New elf
Hoping someone here can help me figure this out because I feel like I have everything setup properly. I am using 2 A4-S controllers and out of 3 of my ports the first pixel in my pixel chains are not working. I am merging Madmapper data and Hog 4 lighting control data together and sending them to the controllers with the datagate as you can see. I do not have control of pixel 1 address 1 from both the Hog and Video signal, but everything is patched correctly because when I highlight and turn on pixel 2 address 4 on the universes those ones light up correctly. These are WS2811 Pixel types.

IMG_9296.jpg
IMG_9297.jpg

IMG_9303.jpg
IMG_9304.jpg
Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 10.42.06 AM.PNG

Last edited:

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
I'm sure someone a little more familiar will come by but let me start by asking a few basic questions.

Do any of the outputs work properly?
Have you swapped a working output with one that is not working properly?
I notice the power supplies are 24v, what voltage are the ws2811s rated for?
It looks like these might be strips and not bullet pixels. Are you sure they are ws2811 and not a slightly different version?

CJSleme

New elf
I'm sure someone a little more familiar will come by but let me start by asking a few basic questions.

Do any of the outputs work properly?
Have you swapped a working output with one that is not working properly?
I notice the power supplies are 24v, what voltage are the ws2811s rated for?
It looks like these might be strips and not bullet pixels. Are you sure they are ws2811 and not a slightly different version?
Thanks for the reply and starting points!
1 of the outputs is working properly, the one assigned to universe 1 address 1.
It was a good idea but I just swapped and configured an unused port and the first "pixel" is still not working. Also my wording is probably wrong because it does group multiple pixels as one 3ch RGB.
Yes these strips are the ones we are using for the hexagons and the packaging says 24v and ws2811 on them.

Goliath

Full time elf
Try flicking the "Pixels can be split across Universes" button in Advatek assistant, or in the Enttec stuff set your universes to 510 channels.