Transworld

darrenr

Apprentice elf
Does anyone have experience of attending this event? I know @keithsw1111 will be there this year.
I’m travelling for work to the US around this time and was concerning making a detour on my trans-USA trek to St Louis for the weekend.
I just run my own show, so not looking for anything commercial or particularly custom.
I find the Sydney Mini of great help, but wondering if anyone else has been to Transworld, what were the highlights and if it would be worth the time and expense of the detour vs, say chillin’ the weekend in NYC
Thanks
Darren

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
I think they are going to have some workshops etc at Transworld that would be worth attending, in particular Keith’s xLights presentation

algerdes

Al Gerdes
Transworld Christmas is held at the same time as Transworld Halloween. Your entry fee gets you into both. There are rows and rows of booths that are full of opportunities to get just about anything dealing with Halloween. The Christmas side, though smaller, is still large. A lot of it is aimed at the commercial side, but all of the booths are great for getting ideas and obtaining very good products. I love the booths from the guys and gals that are present on the forums.

It takes a bit of planning ahead, but the classes are taught by very knowledgeable people and worth the time to investigate and figure out your schedule. The format (and pricing methods) for the classes is different than what I was used to, but you need to check out their website to see what I mean. Essentially it is a pay per class structure, with the ability to get passes to several or all if you want. I will be in attendance at Keith's class (1 and 1/2 days). (You've been warned, Keith! :) )