Unable to connect to Falcon behind FPP

Kartman

New elf
Generous elf
Hi,

I updated my PI3 to a 4 and went from FPPv5.x up to FPP7.x

Have not changed my network setting on the F16v3 but set up the FPP as below.

Ethernet -

1700964571379.png
and Wifi

1700964612096.png

I have tried both IP Forwarding options, and a combination of them and just for thoroughness, one on and one off etc. including various reboots and restating FPPD

I cannot see the F16V3 which is connected to the Ethernet of the RPI running FPP.

Pinging the wireless network, DNS all works, but pinging the ethernet side times out.

Any ideas?

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Have you set up the IP for the F16 in the FPP proxy settings?

TANSA

Sparky with Blinky Lights ;-)
Generous elf
Hi,

I updated my PI3 to a 4 and went from FPPv5.x up to FPP7.x

Have not changed my network setting on the F16v3 but set up the FPP as below.

Ethernet -

View attachment 24567
and Wifi

View attachment 24568

I have tried both IP Forwarding options, and a combination of them and just for thoroughness, one on and one off etc. including various reboots and restating FPPD

I cannot see the F16V3 which is connected to the Ethernet of the RPI running FPP.

Pinging the wireless network, DNS all works, but pinging the ethernet side times out.

Any ideas?
Try
Set a gateway on eth0
Host and DNS?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Try
Set a gateway on eth0
Host and DNS?
There should only be one gateway interface, which is whatever side connected to the home router. I am assuming this is the wifi side.

A few things to check--

If using proxy mode(proxy IP defined in xLights, no internet access from controllers)
1. IP addresses of controllers are set in the FPP proxy page
2. You've done an FPP connect to set up the channel outputs page
3. You've enabled the channel input Page to allow Output to Lights to work.

If using routed mode (direct access via FPP, internet access from controllers)
1. Gateway of the f16v3 is set to the FPP eth0 IP address
2. Do you use a static route from your PC or your router to your show network? Check this is for your show network (192.168.0.0/24) via the FPP wifi address at the router.
3. IP forwarding should be set to Forwarding as per your screenshot

Kartman

New elf
Generous elf
Duh....

It turned out to be a faulty ethernet cable, only took me most of the night to work it out.

Johnnyboy

Full time elf
Duh....

It turned out to be a faulty ethernet cable, only took me most of the night to work it out.
I feel your paid, that happened to me as well. My ethernet cable worked, it just made playback stutter a little. Took me a long time to figure it out.

Kartman

New elf
Generous elf
Now I have had a good nights sleep I can laugh a little about this. I didn't notice that the little plastic clip on the cable was broken, probably would have heard the click if the neighbour wasn't mowing. Plugged it in got the two network lights to say I had connection. The cable was a bit long as it was a spare cable I kept on my desk. I had it coiled up and I remember it did hit the door of the megatree box as I closed it, which made the plug go loose and no connection to the Falcon! This ensure a fun afternoon of chasing ghosts and getting full use of my Masters in Cussing. I am planning a painful end for this cable, maybe see how many amps a Cat5 can take until it releases its magic smoke.