VIC walkthroughs

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
In lieu of no Melb Mini expo this year, I'm sure there are a few members particularly newly joined this year that would like to see up close how things work.
So just a suggestion but if there are any VIC members who are not in a rush to tear down their displays over the coming days and are willing to say gday and show off their setups either during the day or at night to others, could you please post your availability below?
Any members looking for a display nearby that you may have seen at night and would like to see during the day or just meet up in the evening to ask the owner, feel free to pop your requests here also.
Please respect privacy and don't post phone numbers or email addresses in the posts, but feel free to PM the members directly with this info.

I'll kick off and advise that my display in Cranbourne West (Nariel Place) will still be setup and lighting up until NYE. I'm out today with family but will be home this evening and the next couple of days at least.

mikey

New elf
Tonight is my last night. Happy to walk people through.

grange road lights in Sandringham.

25k pixels
2 x Falcon F16
3 x Expansion
1 x Differential expansion
1x F48
16 x Smart Recievers

oh and 45 x 500mm x 500mm P3 screen cabinets.

OldMarty

New elf
Hi all,
I'm in Blackburn area (VIC) and looking for setups in surrounding areas that i can view and chat about what gear is being used and/or "why" etc.

If anyone is in the nunawading, mitcham, ringwood, doncaster areas and don't mind a visitor before you de-rig, i'd really appreciate it.

ozzimadman

New elf
Tonight is my last night. Happy to walk people through.

grange road lights in Sandringham.

25k pixels
2 x Falcon F16
3 x Expansion
1 x Differential expansion
1x F48
16 x Smart Recievers

oh and 45 x 500mm x 500mm P3 screen cabinets.
2 x Falcon F16 i cant find anywhere on how to setup 2 falcon's do u run them both off the 1 pie? as i want more lights next year and would like to run 2 falcons linked together but cant find nothing on how-to do this ?

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
I'll let Mikey respond with his specific setup but I'm willing to bet like many of us, we use a network switch. This is like a central hub of data points that you connect all your controllers into, doesn't matter what brand or type, and also your show player (again doesn't matter what type be it Rasp pi FPP or xSheduler)

battle79

Full time elf
Hi all,
I'm in Blackburn area (VIC) and looking for setups in surrounding areas that i can view and chat about what gear is being used and/or "why" etc.

If anyone is in the nunawading, mitcham, ringwood, doncaster areas and don't mind a visitor before you de-rig, i'd really appreciate it.
I'm up in Chirnside Park if that's not too far. Show runs till new year, home this week. Lots of different brand controllers, and lots of universes of lights.

Just hit me up here if your know your coming, or just try your luck if in the area.

Regards,
Rowan

Jase

New elf
Im in Kilsyth. It was our first year. We're running a Falcon V4 with 2 differential boards on my 2 windows matrices. 7600 pixels all up. FPP running the show each night. Also using some MQTT commands from FPP to turn off the controllers once the show is over and turn off front lights etc. Been lots of fun. It's a pretty straight forward setup but happy to give a tour. We're running the show til new years. PM me if you wanna drop by sometime. Regards, Jason.

Adam mcdonald

New elf
In lieu of no Melb Mini expo this year, I'm sure there are a few members particularly newly joined this year that would like to see up close how things work.
So just a suggestion but if there are any VIC members who are not in a rush to tear down their displays over the coming days and are willing to say gday and show off their setups either during the day or at night to others, could you please post your availability below?
Any members looking for a display nearby that you may have seen at night and would like to see during the day or just meet up in the evening to ask the owner, feel free to pop your requests here also.
Please respect privacy and don't post phone numbers or email addresses in the posts, but feel free to PM the members directly with this info.

I'll kick off and advise that my display in Cranbourne West (Nariel Place) will still be setup and lighting up until NYE. I'm out today with family but will be home this evening and the next couple of days at least.
Hi I came to see your house with my partner and my son and we loved it and are looking at doing a display next year but have no idea what I'm doing would I be able to come and get some info of you on where to buy the lights from and how to set up please I can come anytime as I live in Cranbourne East thanks adam

Last edited:

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi I came to see your house with my partner and my son and we loved it and are looking at doing a display next year but have no idea what I'm doing would I be able to come and get some info of you on where to buy the lights from and how to set up please I can come anytime as I live in Cranbourne East thanks adam
Welcome to ACL Adam! Make sure to get the 101 manual first of all, but yes feel free to drop in over the next couple of days. Send me a PM to arrange a time if you like.