visualizer lags

z_special

Full time elf
I realize each program LSP. LOR has it issues but to underestimate youse of by saying it is too complicated is not right. As I tell my daughter giving up or not trying is not the answer

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
AAH said:
As I am 44 I may have seniority here. I haven't used LSP much as I found it way too complicated to do what I want to do. What I have seen a lot in chat though is if the preview picture is too large it will generate large lags when sequencing. As the scheduler doesn't use the preview picture this could be a starting point.

Thats because you havent made the leap to RGB pixels, if you were on that path you would see the merit of using LSP, but for the display you are running, LOR is more than capable and a better choice

z_special

Full time elf
Now now we are all here to bring joy to the world thru light and to see the sparkle thru children's eyes we all enjoy what we do so we have all made choices me by using Siri a apple products that is supposed to be the cats meow. Well it is not as you can see apparently it comes up with foreskin. Not forced in so let's laugh and smile and my mistake and have a great new year

Zane

Gilrock

Full time elf
When I've read about performance issues with the visualizer and when I saw the messages saying that the preview image should not be larger than 320x240 pixels it made me wonder if LSP would perform better if they seperated the Visualizer as an independent program and broadcasted the information the way LOR does. What I really think would be cool is to come up with a standard interface for broadcasting this information. Then you could develop a visualizer that would work with any vendor sequencer that decided to support the output standard. And if you could go as far as having a standard for hardware specifications that would be huge. You could define the setup of your hardware and use it in any sequencer or visualizer that supported the standards.

I saw this work really well in the amateur astronomy world. They created standard interfaces called ASCOM for telescopes, focusers, and dome control systems and manufacturers were able to introduce new hardware into the industry that worked with pre-existing software just by them writing a driver that conformed to the standard. I helped a local telescope shop develop a focuser called the MicroTouch and I wrote all the Windows software and drivers and the embedded code in the focuser. The cool thing is users were able to buy the focuser and have it operate with software packages they already owned. And new software packages are able to be created that can control a wide array telescopes and focusers just by supporting those standards.

I'm itching to write a visualizer....lol.

Gil