3.x Vixen 3.1 problem

JavaroneCamogli

New elf
hello, I have a problem with Vixen!
I use Vixen 3.1u2 on windows 8!

During the show, Vixen commits many errors. the sequences are not performed correctly, some lights come on when they should not or wrong color.

has anyone ever had the same problem? could you give me some suggestions?

Sorry for my bad English :-[

i13

Dedicated elf
I'm not sure why the lights come on when they shouldn't.

I've found they come on the wrong colour when you apply an effect to a group which contains different coloured sets of lights - frustrating that it doesn't support single colour light sets very well but you'd have to apply the effect to all of them anyway if you were still using Vixen 2.

Hopefully someone will correct me if there is a better way to get this to work; this is my first year with Vixen 3.

scamper

Dedicated elf
i13 said:
I'm not sure why the lights come on when they shouldn't.

I've found they come on the wrong colour when you apply an effect to a group which contains different coloured sets of lights - frustrating that it doesn't support single colour light sets very well but you'd have to apply the effect to all of them anyway if you were still using Vixen 2.

Hopefully someone will correct me if there is a better way to get this to work; this is my first year with Vixen 3.

I have different groups for my different light strings. ie all big w or bunings type ones that are set colours and then another group for all rgb. This way I can apply an effect that fades etc to only the rgb and the other ones can just be driven with what works for them.
As far as errors when playing and wrong colours, If it is ALL of the time, then maybe you have not patched the outputs correctly. Have you tried just using da dmx to see that all the lights and controllers are working as they should normally?

i13

Dedicated elf
Just to clarify, I was not trying to ask questions in a thread I didn't start and I'm not looking for answers here. I'm trying to list what I've observed and how to get around it.

I didn't word it very well either. If you have the same colour problem as me then you can get it to work by individually applying the effect to every item within a group rather than applying it to the group as a whole. This problem only occurs when I have different single-colour items in the same group.