3.x Vixen 3.2 Icicles

ShimmerNZ

New elf
I've just gone through and setup a test set of icicles and was working through the nutcracker effects. I've setup as per instructions and was quite keen to use the meteor effect to look like dripping water but as it's effectively an upside down Christmas tree the effect goes up rather than down. Is there any work around for that or is that a feature I'll need to request?

B_P_J

Full time elf
What about reversing the elements? not 100% if this will fix it but I know I had a few issues with some of my strips and pretty sure I reversed them in patching, e.g. 1 became 12 & 12 became 1....
Just my 2 cents.... worth a try...

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
I have been working on a native Vixen effect based off the Nutcracker Meteor effect and the direction of the effect can be any direction with a few extra features like use of gradient and level brightness. The effect is just about ready and then will need to wait until it's merged so this could be a week or so before getting into a build release.

You shouldn't be using the nutcracker effects unless absolutely required as they will be removed in a couple of years as we at the Vixen team are moving these effects out and adding extra features. I am nearly finished the Video and tile effects too.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
ShimmerNZ said:
hanging out for that next release (lets be fair... I'm checking every day like a kid waiting for Xmas) . Will it be one of the main dev builds on here:
http://www.vixenlights.com/builds/

or will I need to compile from someones branch?

I have about 8 of the Nutcracker Effects reworked as Native effects with many new features. They are just waiting on Jeff (Lead Developer) to get time to check and merge. They are looking at a summer (USA) for a major release, so I would hope around June/Jul. Jeff is still working on Major improvements to the performance engine and layering feature.

I could send you the Meteor module, no need to compile a branch as you just add two files to your Vixen effects folder. HOWEVER if the Meteor effect needs to be changed after Jeff has looked at it then any sequence you have with the new effect in may not work. Best to wait.

Geoff

Phrog30

New elf
gnarmstr said:
ShimmerNZ said:
hanging out for that next release (lets be fair... I'm checking every day like a kid waiting for Xmas) . Will it be one of the main dev builds on here:
http://www.vixenlights.com/builds/

or will I need to compile from someones branch?

I have about 8 of the Nutcracker Effects reworked as Native effects with many new features. They are just waiting on Jeff (Lead Developer) to get time to check and merge. They are looking at a summer (USA) for a major release, so I would hope around June/Jul. Jeff is still working on Major improvements to the performance engine and layering feature.

I could send you the Meteor module, no need to compile a branch as you just add two files to your Vixen effects folder. HOWEVER if the Meteor effect needs to be changed after Jeff has looked at it then any sequence you have with the new effect in may not work. Best to wait.

Geoff

Just curious, are the new "nutcracker" effects being added location based like the wipe effect? So, being able to apply the effect over a whole house model?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Unfortunately no. It's the way the backend for the pixel effects is designed and I haven't touched the backend. I will talk to Jeff to see if this can be changed, however this will not happen for this Xmas though.

The effects can still be place over the house model but it's not like the wipe effect and you will get mixed results.