3.x Vixen 3....pixad8

ChristmasLover

New elf
Hopefully someone else is using j1sys stuf with vixen 3 and can shed some light on how to get it working. I set up a test string with 50 pixels. I cant get any output to the lights. I can see that data is traveling to the board. The light is flashing orange. The standard test sequence works as long as I am not sending any e1.31 data to it.

Essentially I am just asking if someone else could share how they setup vixen to work with e1.31. The stuff I have read so far is limited and didn't shed light on my issues.

JPB

Full time elf
In V3 you will need to have your elements/pixels patched to colour filters and then to the physical pixels via the controller.
The controller will need to be enabled and for simplicity set to Multicast.

The detailed answer: (for one 50 pixel output)
In Display Configuration configure your controller with Universe number that you have assigned to your pixad8. The Start value will be 1 and in your case the Size will be 150 (50 * 3 ) but you can use any 510 as I have. (510 is the maximum number of useable RGB channels you can have in a universe).
Make sure it is set to Active

In Display Configuration you use the patching wizard to patch each element/pixel to the Colour Breakdown Filter and then to the Controller as pictured below. The attached picture is the graphical view of the first pixel patched to the controller pictured above, which is the Red, Green and Blue components.. If you looked at the entire 50 pixel string you would end up pixel 50 patched to Garage P2 - Port 1-148, Port 1-149 and Port1-150 which would correspond to the last Red, Green and Blue components

I can break down the steps for either of the above if needed.

Jon

Attachments

• controller.JPG
    controller.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 17
  • elements.JPG
    elements.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 19

ChristmasLover

New elf
Update! This worked perfectly!!!! Thanks for the pics they really helped me get setup. Next years show will be awesome with pixels!!!!!