3.x Vixen and Direct Pi Outputs 2811

mangoat

Full time elf
Hi guys/girls,

Just a quick one. Just wondering how i would setup the display outputs in vixen for my garden lights ive made.

Ive got 3 pixels in each garden light, total of 15 lights at the moment.

I would like to run lights 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 as the same output colours
and
i would like to run lights 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 as the same output colours.

Say 1, 3, 5........ would be blue, 2, 4, 6............ would be red.

Is this a silly sort of plan or does someone think it would be reasonably easy.....i figure i create them as seperate features in vixen, like Lights1 and Lights2 ??

what controller style do i use in vixen? or does it even matter?

Cheers
Goat

scamper

Dedicated elf
In the setup page, just create 2 new elements and call them "garden light odd" and "garden light even" Or whatever floats your boat.
Then copy and paste the lights into the new elements, just like copy and paste into a new folder in windows.
Then you can either delete them from where they are or leave them.
You can have the same element in different folders so you can control them however you like.
I for instance have all of my dumb strings in a main directory, then I have 2 sub directories called "house" and Garden" then inside that I have my elements separated into another directory like "mega tree" inside that would have "presents" , "star" and "strings"
All of this comes under the main heading of "all"
All these tiers means you can control the whole display or any level within it right down to string level, and in the case of pixels obviously down to pixel level.
You also can control elements depending on position just by the preview.
As in all the yard elements, I can run a chase on "yard" and select left to right and because the preview is setup, the program knows where the elements are and then will run through them automatically.