Vote on songs from app...

technodisney

New and Confused Elf
Has anyone heard of a system that would allow the following (or similar)...

- Allow viewers to scan a QR code and/or go to a website
- Be able to vote on which song they would like to see play in the display
- Aggregate the votes from above and play most voted on songs
- Play on shuffle with no votes
- Have customisable limits on frequencies of songs (so thetame sequence doesn't play multiple times in a row)

If not would anyone have an interest in implementing something like this into their display?
I am getting into programming and am looking for projects that have a web based element, and I am considering this idea.

dkulp

Full time elf
The "remote falcon" plugin for FPP allows for almost all of this. The rest might be on his todo list. Not sure. Definitely check out remote falcon though.

I have a sign in my yard with the QR code to my remotefalcon address. Folks can then vote on the next song and the highest vote gets played next. If there is no votes, the normal FPP playlist continues. The normal FPP playlist could be setup for "random each repeat" to be somewhat random. I'm not sure on the last bullet item.

technodisney

New and Confused Elf
The "remote falcon" plugin for FPP allows for almost all of this. The rest might be on his todo list. Not sure. Definitely check out remote falcon though.

I have a sign in my yard with the QR code to my remotefalcon address. Folks can then vote on the next song and the highest vote gets played next. If there is no votes, the normal FPP playlist continues. The normal FPP playlist could be setup for "random each repeat" to be somewhat random. I'm not sure on the last bullet item.
So it has. Thank you :)

It looks like a neat piece of software.