Wally's Lights WB1616 Contoller

fettyro1

New elf
Is anybody using Wally's WB1616 controller? Can you provide insight on how to connect this thing with all of the optional add ons? Or is there some type of schematic that will let show how to connect everything properly and make it work. So far I've only been able to get 50 pixels to work. Any insight is greatly appreciated

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Did you purchase an FPP license for it? Without that, you'll be limited to 50 pixels per output.

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Looking at the site it comes with FPP 5.5, are you using that version of did you upgrade to FPP 6.X? If you did upgrade you will need an FPP license or reinstall the 5.5 version to use it properly.

merryoncherry

Senior elf
I use 3 of these. They're nice little controllers, great value for the money. I put 12V power supplies on, installed the BBB with the included SD card, attached pigtails, and ran the long range differential ports to the bulkhead, assigned IP using the buttons/oled, attached ethernet, went in web page to expand storage and review the configuration, and uploaded config from xLights and it just worked.

Not shown in photo - DMX / serial... but that works too.

What exactly do you need to know about them?

Attachments

• 20221128_215435.jpg
    20221128_215435.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 27