Warning Message on Layout Model Dimensions

maddiane180

New elf
I have created a brand new layout (for testing). I only inserted a Boscoyo Model (ChromaBulb_46_hanging) and I am getting this warning message:
1729603826353.png
There is no other model, there is no controller assigned yet.

I have seen in another thread in this forum...a solution to avoid this message, but I really want to know why is this happening. The solution tells me to go to model data > righ clic in the grid window and select Shrink Space. Does this affect the Preview or sequence?

The computer that I am using, has this specs:
1729604216187.png

Attachments

• 1729603781059.png
    1729603781059.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 3
So, when xLights renders effects, in many cases it creates a rectangular buffer and renders to that, then maps it onto the model. The bigger the model is, the bigger the buffer, the longer that takes.

However, shrinking the model by getting rid of extra space will affect what you see. Some effects, like shockwave, have historically not scaled properly so the result will be quite different if you use sequences from past years. Other effects, like spirals, still do not have options to scale properly. So I recommend against shrinking the models, but rather ignore the warnings.

Renders may take a while, but my computer generally renders 2 minutes of song per 1 minute of render time, which is good enough for me, and I have hundreds of models that would give the warning if I left it on.

So, off it goes.

1729615429347.png

Back