Well that was fun...

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Random night...

Watching TV and at 11:30 this guy rocks up on the front deck and says can you call me an ambulance. Went back and grabbed my mobile, walked out on the deck and saw it was a little more serious than I actually thought.

He had fallen down and bumped his temple, that was OK, but it was the stick through this guys neck that really got my attention. 7-8mm diameter, 15cm long, but with a bit of a Y shape, and yep, side to side through the front of his throat, but it appeared to have missed most of the important bits. Ambulance got here in under 10 minutes and took him away to hospital.

Not every day you have a 10 minute chat with a guy with a stick through his throat and he is very much alive, in a little bit of pain, but conscious and talking fine...

Thanks to the 000 Operator, Lithgow ambulance crew that turned up, and my daughter who helped get a chair and direct the ambulance staff in to the yard.

scamper

Dedicated elf
I read the first line and was waiting for you to say...
"You're an ambulance"
:D

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Holy crap. So how does one get a stick wedged in their throat at 11.30pm??

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Fell down the mountain behind us. He did sound a little drunk but he had a blow to the temple as well as the obvious shock so that can have that effect, so I was a little hesitant at first. Took me about 3 seconds to realise that could have been lethal to him with just a mm or two difference