Window model and submodelling

crazymofo

Apprentice elf
Was watching a video the other night demonstrating submodelling of windows which i havent done yet. I have initially setup my model in xlights as 4 individual straight lines of 25 nodes each. I am now trying to setup as a window model but my physical setup is like the following pic:
A9723C6A-E319-4079-933A-DFC6C9963EC7.jpeg
Each line is 25 (starts top right, heading counter clockwise) and i have left a empty spot in each corner. In xlights, the wiring is like this:
F0DAC730-3343-4E61-8AF2-922806C92751.jpeg
Is there a way to make this model match how i designed? Or is best bet to stick to single lines?

cheers for the help.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Mine are all single lines and then I group them together to make things like Ridge or Gutter_Main, Whole_Roof, etc

crazymofo

Apprentice elf
Yeh i had it setup that way before and thought this was a cool way to get the same result. I’ve ended up playing around with custom model (for the first time) and it got the end result i was after. Will see how it goes. All else fails i will resort back to the original way lol.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Great to see you trying different things, best way to keep learning. I do have sub-models in my bigger models like the tree and the stair matrix, very handy for putting a message of text on top of an effect running on the tree

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.