Working towards building a show for 2021

Xoticrox

New elf
Like the title says, I am thinking about building a show for 2021, maybe even do something on one of the holidays before Christmas, but trying to get some ideas of things before I start purchasing. What I am thinking about is using PVC pipe to box in the the 5 windows closest to the door, then maybe add a little outline of part of the roof lines. Maybe add a couple flood lights, and a couple snow flakes. I am also toying with the idea of maybe having a friend of mine do a metal frame of a Santa or something along those line.

For a controller I was looking at just purchasing the R2R Falcon F16V3 12v, I priced it out and its pretty close to build it myself vs buying it prebuilt.

I believe I have the lights part figured out at this time, Pretty sure that the lights from here will work for what I am looking for.
Lights , along with the extra extension wire . Question, when you cut the lights to length, do you put a pig tail on the end and cap it, or do you just seal the wire?

along with these pigtails

I feel like with putting the control box under the 4 windows I shouldn't need any power injectors as it is all going to be within 30ft of the controller box.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Attachments

• IMG_0145_Sm.jpg
    IMG_0145_Sm.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

ICon

New elf
Great plan, be prepared to evolve and adapt.

All my lights are attached to pvc, makes quick install and pack up. if you are planning to drill pvc, make up a good jig to keep to straight and not spiral around it.

I don’t put pigtails on the end of my cable unless I am planning to chain another string/prop off the end. Climate plays a part in how much you need to seal everything.

injection is also a function of how many pixels you are running off an output from your controller. And the total pixels you want to run vs the current capacity of the controller/power supply. Some of my first builds will not run at 100% until I retrofit injection, but I set my display to 30% as 100% is too bright.