Xlights FPP Connect Issue

danno045

New elf
I have always been able to connect to my controller through my laptop wirelessly with the FPP connect tool, but recently it hasn't been able to discover my Falcon F16v4 controller. I can ping the controller with my laptop and verified that it has a valid IP address. I am trying to remember if I downloaded and update and that is the issue. I also switch my home wifi router and that my be an issue. I have attached the controller setup in xlights and the network settings on the controller. Please let me know if you have any ideas or see something I am doing wrong. I can provide more info if need be. Thanks!

Attachments

• network.png
    network.png
    45 KB · Views: 11
  • fpp upload.png
    fpp upload.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 11
  • xlights screenshot.png
    xlights screenshot.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 11
Keep in mind that the falcons can only receive DDP/E1.31 data over their ethernet connection.
So whilst you're configuring it with Wifi, it wont work when trying to stream data from FPP.

I noticed for the subnet mask you have it set to 255.255.252.0 where the typical subnet mask would be 255.255.255.0.

Without knowing your exact network configuration it might be correct but is what caught my eye.

Keep in mind that the falcons can only receive DDP/E1.31 data over their ethernet connection.
So whilst you're configuring it with Wifi, it wont work when trying to stream data from FPP.
So is there something wrong with the controller setup to make FPP connect work?

I noticed for the subnet mask you have it set to 255.255.252.0 where the typical subnet mask would be 255.255.255.0.

Without knowing your exact network configuration it might be correct but is what caught my eye.
I wondered about that too, but when i did ipconfig on my computer on the same network it had the same subnet mask.

So is there something wrong with the controller setup to make FPP connect work?
Plug the controller in using ethernet. FPP Connect wont discover over the Falcon Wifi I believe.
That being said, if all you want to do is configure it, then you can use the "Upload Output" button on the controller tab rather than FPP Connect.

I wondered about that too, but when i did ipconfig on my computer on the same network it had the same subnet mask.
There's nothing wrong with it - as long as it is consistent - what it means is that the IP address can be anywhere between 192.168.68.1 to 192.168.71.255 and be on the same network - 1022 usable IPs instead of 254.

Back