xSchedule Difficulties

Max Kabilafkas

Apprentice elf
Hi

I'm trying to figure out the correct configuration on xSchedule to run my show but am having some difficulties.

I have a show that consists of an intro track and then 5 songs which runs for about 30 mins. I want this show to run at 8 30pm and 9 30pm.

In addition to that I have a 5 min sequence hold holding pattern which is just an animation. I want that to start at 6pm and run until 11pm.

However I want my 8 30 and 9 30 show to automatically interrupt the holding pattern show at the specified times.

This is how I have set it up to test right now. Ignore the fact that the times are not 8 30pm etc, I am trying to run them now to make sure they work correctly.

1635728553639.png

Schedule for Holding Pattern

1635728587075.png

Schedule for 8 30 Show

1635728629345.png

Where I am having difficulty is that despite the 8 30 show being a higher priority than the holding pattern, plus having the Gracefully interupt... etc button checked, it wont stop the holding pattern at the specified time until the holding pattern has completed the entire 5 min sequence.

What I want to happen is that, say the holding pattern is half way through its 5 min sequence when it hits the desired time to start the 8 30 show. Holding pattern should immediately stop and the 8 30 show should start.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Max

Jorge Bolivar

Full time elf
Hi,

Give a name to the schedule.
Try to use the Priority number like 1 to 5. 1 been the higher priority. This works backwards, I think.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I dont use xschedule but the gracefully part means it will end once that sequence finishes (at least it does for FPP so I assume same here.)
If unchecked, then it should kick off your next sequence exactly at 8.30.