XSchedule Flickering Lights

johnalex1985

New elf
Hi All,

Hope your Christmas shows are going great, can't wait to see some of the results. From an absolute beginner here so bear with me but I'm having some problems when I play my show through xschedule. All of the fseq files work perfectly fine when I output to lights through the sequencer but as soon as I add them into a playlist in xschedule and play them the models data looks to be getting "scrambled" with random effects playing and lots of "flickering" lights. I'm sure you may need more info which I will try and get tonight when I get home. Im using a Pixlite 16 controller and everything works when testing all channels and models. I also have a Hanson Electronics DmX 2-24 2 channel 2 wire controller piggybacked off my main controller which also seems to be working when I test all my fairy light models so not sure what the problem is (although pretty sure the problem is me haha).

Thanks for your help in advance and where possible I'll try and put up as much info as possible

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
Check you haven't got 2 programs sending data to the controllers. If you have one program telling the lights to be off and one trying to run a show they will flash and conflict with each other.

johnalex1985

New elf
Check you haven't got 2 programs sending data to the controllers. If you have one program telling the lights to be off and one trying to run a show they will flash and conflict with each other.
I'm pretty sure that the output to lights is off on the sequencer tab but I'll check when I run a test later, thanks for the tip

Jorge Bolivar

Full time elf
Hi, @johnalex1985
Be sure the sequencer output to lights is off. Also, on xSchedule, File tab Select: Switch to xLights folder; this action may requires you to recreate the playlist. Try and let us know....