An interface converts from one data type to another. It could be a USB to DMX dongle, an Ethernet to DMX unit, or a DMX to SPI unit.
USB to DMX512
USB DMX dongles are commonly used in conjunction with PC software to output a single universe (512 channels) of DMX.
- Audio Visual Devices USB485RJ-ISO
- Enttec Open DMX USB
- Enttec DMX USB Pro
- RPM DIY USB to DMX Adaptor
- Hanson Electronics Open DMX dongle (non isolated)
FTDI drivers for dongles:
Ethernet (E1.31) to DMX512
Ethernet (E1.31) to SPI
- Advatek PixLite 4 Ethernet to 4 SPI (pixel) outputs
- Advatek PixLite 16 Ethernet to 16 SPI (pixel) outputs
- Falcon Christmas Falcon Christmas F16V2 Ethernet to 16 SPI (pixel) outputs
- Joshua 1 Systems ECG-P2 Ethernet to 2 SPI (pixel) outputs
- Joshua 1 Systems ECG-P12R Ethernet to 12 SPI (pixel) outputs
- Joshua 1 Systems ECG-P12S Ethernet to 12 SPI (pixel) outputs
- Joshua 1 Systems ECG-PIXAD8 Ethernet to 8 SPI (pixel) outputs
- Joshua 1 Systems nECG-DP2 Ethernet to 2 SPI (pixel) outputs
- Stellascapes E4II & E16II Ethernet to 4 / 16 SPI (pixel) outputs includes power supply.
- Sandevices E681 E681 Ethernet to 16 SPI (pixel) outputs
- Sandevices E6804 E6804 Ethernet to 4 SPI (pixel) outputs
Ethernet (E1.31) playback device
- Falcon Pi Player (FPP) software is designed to transmit a show from a source file, it runs on Linux Operating system, but do not let that put you off. The installation is simple, it comes with a web interface for configuration so you do not need to know Linux. It is designed to run on a Single Board Computer (From AU$40). It run on Raspberry Pi, Beaglebone Black and can be ported to other Linux based single board computers. Under FPP (Falcon Player) you can control devices via E1.31, via USB dongles (for DMX, Renard or Pixelnet) or via a number of capes like the Octoscroller for controlling P10 panels.
DMX512 to SPI
These interfaces accept a DMX input and typically drive one or more pixel strings.
- TP3244 Pixel Driver 4 SPI (2801 / 6803) outputs
- Audio Visual Devices APC718 Single SPI (2801 / 6803) output
- Audio Visual Devices APC819 Single SPI (2801 / 6803) output
- Onumen Controllers
DMX512 to Servo
These interfaces accept a DMX input and typically drive one or more RC servos.
DMX512 to RF
This page has been seen 355 times.