An interface converts from one data type to another. It could be a USB to DMX dongle, an Ethernet to DMX unit, or a DMX to SPI unit.
This page is being migrated to Protocol Bridges and Communications Interfaces.
This section is currently empty. If you think you can add relevant details here then please do.
USB to DMX512USB DMX dongles are commonly used in conjunction with PC software to output a single universe (512 channels) of DMX.
- Audio Visual Devices (da-Share) USB485RJ-ISO
- Enttec Open DMX USB
- Enttec DMX USB Pro
- Hanson Electronics Open DMX dongle (non isolated)
FTDI drivers for dongles:
Ethernet (E1.31) to DMX512
Ethernet (E1.31) to SPI
- Advatek Lighting PixLite 4 Ethernet to 4 SPI (pixel) outputs
- Advatek Lighting PixLite 16 Ethernet to 16 SPI (pixel) outputs
- Falcon Christmas F4v3 Ethernet to 4 SPI (pixel) outputs
- Falcon Christmas F16v3 Ethernet to 16 SPI (pixel) outputs
- Joshua 1 Systems ECG-P2 Ethernet to 2 SPI (pixel) outputs **Discontinued**
- Joshua 1 Systems] ECG-P12R Ethernet to 12 SPI (pixel) outputs **Discontinued**
- Joshua 1 Systems] ECG-P12S Ethernet to 12 SPI (pixel) outputs **Discontinued**
- Joshua 1 Systems nECG-DP2 Ethernet to 2 SPI (pixel) outputs **Discontinued**
- Stellascapes E4II & E16II Ethernet to 4 / 16 SPI (pixel) outputs includes power supply.
- Sandevices E682 Ethernet to 16 SPI (pixel) outputs
- Sandevices E6804 Ethernet to 4 SPI (pixel) outputs
Ethernet (E1.31) playback device
- Falcon Player software is designed to transmit a show from a source file, it runs on Linux Operating system, but do not let that put you off. The installation is simple, it comes with a web interface for configuration so you do not need to know Linux. It is designed to run on a Single Board Computer (From AU$40). It run on Raspberry Pi, Beaglebone Black and can be ported to other Linux based single board computers. Under FPP (Falcon Player) you can control devices via E1.31, via USB dongles (for DMX, Renard or Pixelnet) or via a number of capes like the Octoscroller for controlling P10 panels.
DMX512 to SPIThese interfaces accept a DMX input and typically drive one or more pixel strings.
DMX512 to ServoThese interfaces accept a DMX input and typically drive one or more RC servos.
DMX512 to RF Categories: Contents